Are you looking to reinvent your career with a new and exciting opportunity flush with growth potential? With the freedom to operate like an entrepreneur, a career as a real estate sales associate can be a great fit for people from various professional backgrounds and with busy schedules.
An internal assessment at Weichert University, the career development arm of Weichert, Realtors, looked at the skills and attributes that real estate professionals possess. They included the following:
• Empathetic and Like Working Directly with Clients: Successful sales associates must enjoy interacting with people, be empathetic, and adjust to a client’s specific needs and requirements.
• Self Starter: Sales associates are responsible for the hours they keep — there is no time-clock in the real estate office.
• Enthusiasm and Internal Drive: Successful sales associates must have an internal drive to succeed and be their client’s own personal cheering squad.
Weichert University also found that today’s real estate sales associates must have a firm grasp of what their buyers and sellers are reading, where they look for information, and what tools work best to reach them. Knowledge of the following concepts will help one reach higher levels of success:
• People Need People: Valuable information about homes for sale can be found online in a matter of a few minutes – if not seconds. Yet the National Association of Realtors (NAR) Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers showed that 91 percent of buyers who used the Internet to search for a home actually completed the purchase with a real estate agent.
• Understanding the Value of Face-to-Face Contact: Since 99 percent of all homes are sold in person, a sales associate must understand the value of face-to-face interactions.
• Proving Your Expertise: Attention to detail and the ability to work well with others during a home sale or purchase is an essential skill. Negotiation skills are also a plus.
When considering a new career, if the questions, “What am I good at?” and “What career would be most suitable for me?” come up, and your answers reflect the skills and attributes mentioned above, then a career in real estate sales at Weichert, Realtors might be the right fit.
For information, contact Dena Paolucci in Weichert’s Princeton Junction office at 609-799-3500, firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at 53 Princeton-Hightstown Road. See ad, page 15.