Temporary or virtual office space is a smart alternative to the high cost of doing business in a standard commercial office. It’s also the cheapest way to launch, expand or downsize a business in a tough economy. Also known as executive suites, fully-equipped temporary offices are located in modern office buildings in business hubs around the world. They provide office space, shared reception areas, conference rooms, and professional business services, including receptionist and secretarial services, telephone answering, mail forwarding, Internet access and a prestigious address.
A virtual office is a place in cyberspace but your phone number, mailing address and business services are right down-to-earth in the same center that offers the elegantly furnished executive suites. The fastest-growing segment of the temporary office market, virtual offices save on energy costs, car mileage and time spent commuting.
Executive suites and virtual offices make financial and operational sense. Start a new business, downsize, expand, open a branch, host a meeting, take on a temporary project, conduct a job search, or make a business trip more productive.
Ten reasons why temporary & virtual offices can cut costs, save time, and provide a professional image:
1. No big cash outlay. No lengthy leases, payroll costs or investments in equipment or utilities. Pay just for the business services you use.
2. Open in an Instant. Your executive suite or virtual office can be ready to go at the turn of a key or the click of a mouse.
3. Rentals are flexible. Executive office suites can be rented by the day; week or month. There’s no long-term lease to sign.
4. Offices are fully furnished and equipped with all the business basics — phone, fax, Internet connection.
5. Expand your global reach. With a virtual office, businesses can have an office in New York or New Delhi with a prominent address, telephone answering and mail forwarding service — for as little as $90 per month.
6. Prestigious Address. With a virtual or temporary office, companies have an address in a top business hub, from Midtown Manhattan to Paris or London.
7. Equipment at your fingertips. No need to invest in computers, copiers, broadband connections, fax and phone.
8. No payroll to meet. Your receptionist and secretarial staff are part of the package.
9. Concentrate on running your business. Phone answering, mail handling, photocopying, word processing and more are handled by the staff, leaving you free to grow your company.
10. Establish a professional image. Running your business from a poorly-equipped home office or a table at Starbucks won’t provide the credibility and professionalism you need to succeed.
Troels Christensen is president of Princeton City-Office, an international leader in providing temporary office and meeting space, comprehensive business services and virtual office space. Located at 5 Independence Way in the Princeton Corporate Center on US Route, Princeton City-Office has top-notch technical facilities, a professional staff, international management and affiliates in New York, Chicago and Europe, Princeton City-Office offers a range of solutions for the largest corporations to small start-up firms. For more information, access www.princeton-office.com, call 609-514-5100