Unforgettable Summer Experiences
Summer Programs at Princeton Day School is designed to give campers unforgettable summer experiences! The exceptional staff, including many longtime PDS faculty, has been busy creating new programs and perfecting perennial favorites to delight campers of all ages.
PDS Summer Programs offers many a la carte programs, one for the morning and one for the afternoon, allowing campers two different specialties per week and flexibility throughout the summer! Among the highlights:
• In the Mix — DJ Camp is open to all fifth through eighth graders who want to learn the skills of one of the coolest careers/hobbies, being a DJ. Learn the history of song structure, beat mixing, equipment set-up and basic scratching.
• In Journal Writing, campers use their creativity, self-expression, written word and art to create pieces that are mailed away to be catalogued and placed in a library to be checked out and read!
• PDS Escape Room will challenge campers to decipher puzzles and promote teamwork to win their challenge. Daily escape room challenges will feature different historical periods.
• Out of Your Element High Ropes — Love challenges? The newly built, state-of-the-art PDS high ropes adventure course will develop self-confidence and trust through a series of group initiatives and games. Campers will have the opportunity to challenge themselves on elements including the giant swing, catwalk, zip wire, and islands. Truly an amazing experience!
• Our one week Language Arts courses for grades one and two include the Magic Tree House series of books, where students will read the books, do comprehension worksheets and craft projects to reinforce their understanding of the book.
We are also offering two-week language arts studies that includes Charlotte’s Web and The Black Stallion for 3-4th graders and Treasure Island for 5-6th graders.
• Returning favorites include Tennis, Chess and Pretty Brook Farm Day Camp, where first through fourth graders take hikes, play sports and create arts and crafts all in one week! And Crazy for Clay awakens children’s inner Michelangelo; during the two-week program, create and paint, then kiln finish your project and take it home on the last Friday!
• Visit our website for full course list and register soon, spaces are limited!
• Attend our Open House on Saturday, April 25, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Princeton Day School Campus Center, 650 Great Road, Princeton.
• Or contact us at 609-279-2700 x 1342 for a private tour.
Princeton Day School, 650 Great Road, Princeton. 609-279-2700 x1342. www.pds.org/summer-programs.