Surgical Specialists at Princeton (SSP) has opened the first multi-specialty surgery center in Forrestal Village on Route 1, bringing great service from a top team of doctors and caregivers in a convenient, contemporary ambulatory facility.
An independent group of Princeton-area physicians designed SSP to be patient-centered and comprehensive. Medical specialties available at the state-of-the-art outpatient center include urology, gastroenterology endoscopy, podiatry, pain management, otorhinolaryngology, ophthalmology and orthopedics.
"We’re providing the best experience possible to patients and to the community," said Annie Pena, administrator and clinical director. "We’re geared toward patient satisfaction by providing quality care and service."
SSP already has earned prestigious markers of quality care. The facility is Medicare certified, Joint Commission accredited, and licensed by the New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services. It is also a member of the New Jersey Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers and the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association, and as such participates with benchmark national studies about quality of care to patients.
"Our standards of care are above and beyond," Pena added. "The New Jersey Department of Health, in its report, said we are ‘in substantial compliance,’ high praise especially for a brand-new center. Our team’s motto is ‘safety first through quality.’"
SSP is open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. by appointment. For more information or to make an appointment with a specialty physician, call 609-799-1130.
Their physician partners include:
• Otorhinolaryngology: James Boozan, M.D.; David Goldfarb, D.O.; and Scott Kay, M.D.
• Ophthalmology: Hitesh Patel, M.D.; and Joseph Shovlin, M.D.
• Podiatry: Donna Barresse, DPM; Josh Ottenheimer, DPM; John Stanoch, DPM
• Gastroenterology: Vasudha Dhar, M.D.; Michael Fidanzato, M.D.; William Lou, M.D.; Michael Lupovici, M.D.; Craig Margulies, M.D.; Angela Merlo, M.D.
• Urology: Sidney Goldfarb, M.D.; Karen Latzko, M.D.; Barry Rossman; Marc Schwarzman, M.D.; Anthony Vasselli, M.D.; Alexander Vukasin, M.D.
• Orthopedics: Leon Costa, M.D.; Michael Grenis, M.D.
• Pain Management: Bahar Yanni, M.D.
Surgical Specialists at Princeton. 136 Main Street, Suite 100, Forrestal Village, Princeton. 609-799-1130. www.surgicalspecialistsatprinceton.com